Encourage informed and active participation in government by facilitating voter engagement
Voter Engagement Organizations
Find organizations involved in voter engagement: regional, state and national on the Be a Texas Voter web page.
Be a Texas Voter! Community Organization Resources
Find voter education resources for educators, nonprofits and community organizations, faith groups, young voters, and many other Texas organizations on the Be a Texas Voter!
Transportation to the Polls!
- Transportation service providers throughout the state are organizing to offer free or discounted rides to the polls during early voting and Election Day! Learn how Local Leagues can reach out to their local transit providers to urge free rides during early voting and election day. Click here
Gather, Celebrate, Share!
We need to increase League visibility in our communities. Websites and social media can easily gather, celebrate, and share voting and elections information with those in our communities, thus increasing our visibility.
- Learn how to promote voting and elections on social media here
- Local League website elections information Checklist
Tailor these materials to your target audience.
LWVUS GOTV Tools
Templates for Traditional Media Templates (radio, television, newspaper)
- Press releases
- Public service announcements (PSAs)
Templates for Public Institutions + Under development +
Messages to increase implementation of voter registrations
- Department of Public Safety offices
- Disability assistance agency offices
- High schools
- Public assistance agency offices
An online survey of the 234 existing official Texas county websites was conducted during the last 2 weeks of August and the last week of October 2016. Review the League's evaluation of your county website and ADVOCATE for improvements with your county election officials.
Summary of Results