LWV of Texas Education Fund
Become a Member
Join the League. Become a powerful and effective voice on issues that make a real difference to you and make democracy work.
Want Your Name on Voter Registration & Photo ID to Match?
Some Texas voters report that the name on their new voter registration certification is different than in the past.
Photo ID Still Required to Vote
Texas continues to require a photo ID to vote at the polls. The photo ID must be one of 7 photo IDs:
- Texas DPS-issued driver's license, personal ID card, concealed carry license, election identification certificate OR
- US government-issued passport, military ID, citizenship or naturalization certificate.
NEW! Pay Day & Title Loans in Texas Study Committee
A study of Pay Day and Title Loans was approved at 2014 Convention. A representative Study Committee has been formed. Thanks to the following League members for serving:
- Elizabeth Erkel and Stephanie Mace,
Co-chairs, Collin County
- Maxine Barkan, Austin Area
- Linda Eichblatt, Amarillo
- Miriam Foshay, Dallas
- Leslie Taylor, Houston Area
- Sharon Whittington, Tarrant County
Watch for Facts and Issues in August, 2015 to guide local League discussions. Local League consensus reports will be due December, 2015. The LWV-Texas board will adopt a position based on consensus at its February 2016 board meeting.
LWV-TX/LWV-TEF 2012-13 Annual Report
Amazon Smile Program
Do you purchase from Amazon? Donate 0.5% of your purchase to LWV-Texas every time you buy!
On your Amazon account:
- search out Amazon Smile
- select League of Women Voters Texas Education Fund as your charity
Thereafter, for your purchase to count for the donation, log into http://smile.amazon.com The program will send you an email to install buttons into your browser to make this step easier. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your donation!
See your reservoir level!
LWV of Texas
Regional Training for all local Leagues will be held at 3 locations this summer:
- Saturday, June 27- 12:30-4:30 San Antonio: The Radius Center, 106 Auditorium Circle
- Saturday, July 18 - 12:30-4:30 Irving West Public Library, 4444 W. Rochelle Road
- Saturday. July 25 - 10 a,m.-2:30 p.m. Lubbock: St. John's United Methodist Church, 1501 University Avenue
Watch this space for registration details!
LWV-Texas publishes the Texas Voter four times a year.
The 84th Texas Legislature is in session.
The Legislative Newsletter provides news on bills and issues that LWV-TX is following this legislative session. Below is the link to the most recent Legislative Newsletter. For all Legislative Newsletters this session click here.
- Recent Legislative Newsletter
- Click here to see LWV-TX Action Alerts and Testimony for this session.
- Click here for the LWV-Texas "When You Go To Austin/Capitol Guide" Brochure
The WYGTA brochure lists all members of the 84th Texas Legislature and includes contact information, a seating chart of the Texas House and Senate, and all committee assignments.
The We Support brochure is formatted as a trifold brochure. Print, fold and share this brochure with legislators.
Advocacy Papers explain the LWV-TX positions on the priority issues for the 84th legislative session.
SAVE THE DATE! 2016 Convention
The 2016 state convention will be held at the Westin Memorial City Hotel, Houston, April 21-24, 2016.
Highlights of Local Leagues
"Columnists to speak on Voter Apathy at LWV-Irving program"
Read story here.
"LWV-Austin Area receives Voter Registration Partner Award from Travis Co. Voter Registrar"
Read the full story here.
Click for references to LWV-TX.
"League of Women Voters Calls on Secretary of State to Expand and Improve Efforts to Provide Election Identification Certificates"
August 19, 2014 Read the press release.
"August 26th Marks 94th Anniversary of 19th Amendment"
Aug. 26 is the 94th anniversary of the constitutional amendment that granted women the right to vote. Read the full story, here .
"League of Women Voters Focuses on Turnout"
Read the Dallas Morning News story here.